Wednesday, October 30, 2013

6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ethan turned six yesterday! He is so grown up. I love it and I hate it. I think he feels like time moves at a snail's pace, but to me it is Lightening McQueen fast. Here are six of the many things I love about Ethan.
 
1. He's a great big brother. Ethan looks out for his siblings and is always willing to help me out with them. One of his best roles is singing to Miriam and keeping her happy when I need to step away to say, go to the bathroom.
 
Here's Ethan at age 1. My first punkin.
 
2. Ethan is so smart. I am really impressed by things he says. He retains a lot of the things he learns and will say something that blows me away sometimes. For example, at Animal Kingdom, he informed me that the males (I think they were some kind of gazelle) had horns and the females did not. He was four and I was super impressed.

Helping me in the kitchen by sampling the goods. (Age 2)
 3. This kid is gaining faith each day. He can pray on his own and has turned to Heavenly Father for help on several occasions without prompting from me, i.e. to open a jar of peanut butter and to calm down from being angry. I hope his faith continues to grow and he will have a personal relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

Watermelon! (Age 3)
 4. Ethan is a morning person. (I used to be one and then I had children and now I never get enough sleep to truly be a morning person.) He is up before the sun and is ready to go with a smile on his face.

My precious angel at 3 weeks old.
 5. Ethan is athletic. He is a great soccer player and usually scores at least 2 or 3 goals at each game. He plays hard and fair and cares about his teammates. He runs "super fast" for someone that is so petite.

6. Ethan is sweet. He is thoughtful and is always looking out for me and his siblings. We love that Ethan is in our family.

6
My sweet boy. (Age 5)
 

No comments: