I've been 35 for almost three weeks now and I can tell you it really isn't all that bad after all. I was actually dreading my birthday this year. 35 just seemed so old. As a teenager, 35 was so old. As a 35 year old, I can tell you it isn't really old at all.
Some of my favorite people made my birthday special for me this year!
Watched The Trashlorette with my dear friends Elise and JoAnn. We enjoyed talking, snuggling Weston, and pedicures. Those girls are legit and I'm so glad they're my friends.
Stacey and I went out for a much needed girl's night the day before my birthday. We enjoyed 4 Rivers with Weston and Owen. Then we did some school supply shopping. We returned to her house to enjoy that delicious peanut butter cup cupcake you see Weston trying to faceplant above. I really love my sister. I love most of all that over the last 7 years we have had 9 kids between us. Being mothers together has brought us close in a way I never imagined. I love this girl so much. She will always be my bestest best friend!
One of my oldest friends, Kenton, posted this photo from our Senior Yearbook as a happy birthday wish. It still is making me smile. He is one of the greatest men I've ever known. I love you, Kenton!
Another dear friend, Monica, surprised me with an Orchid on my birthday. It is gorgeous and I think of her every time I see it. I really have many beautiful people in my life and they made me feel so special. I received countless emails, texts, and Facebook messages. My heart was very full that day.
Jared's gift was to paint our dining room! It is a pale yellow and matches the portrait of Nana and Granddaddy's home on the right perfectly. I love my little dining room. We spend a lot of time in here!




No comments:
Post a Comment