I know my last post was a bit of a downer. I have had a better week. I've really been trying hard to focus on my blessings. Let's take a look at a few of them.
My children are a huge blessing. They are healthy, happy, smart, and just awesome little people. They each have their own personality and they add so much to our family. I love how much they love each other. Here they are snuggling!
I'm grateful for my sweet friends. JoAnn always knows what to say and what to bring for me to eat to cheer me up. Hahaha. JoAnn is also so good to my children. So much so, that she has become one of Landon's girlfriends. (She shares that title with some other amazing women: Rae Rae and Cindy) He even included JoAnn in his latest family portrait. She is the one on the far right.
Amanda, another good friend, knew I needed to restock my cloth diaper stash in boy colors/prints. She recently potty trained one of her boys and was more than generous in giving me her gently used boy stash. Honestly, this gift took my breath away. She gave me 37 diapers (at least 6 were brand new)! This blessing came at the perfect time and I am so grateful.
I'm grateful for all my children, but Landon has been on my mind a lot this week. I think it's because his birthday is this week. He will be four! I just can't believe it. I remember getting pregnant with Landon. A total surprise that I was not very thrilled about. Grayson was only 6 months old when I discovered I was pregnant, we had to short sell our house, we were displaced for several months and Landon was born nearly a month early and I had to bring him home to my in-laws house because we didn't have our own home at the time. It was a rough year for me and it took me a long time to feel grateful for Landon's unexpected arrival. I certainly have learned that Heavenly Father knew what he was doing. Landon has been such a ray of sunshine in our home. He is pretty much always in a good mood (unless you wake him up too early) and he is my buddy. He promised me that even though he is starting pre-K in the fall, he will continue to be my buddy. I am so very grateful for Landon. I feel pretty lucky to be his mom.






No comments:
Post a Comment