Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Party Time

We had a dinosaur themed party for Ethan on Saturday and it was a hit!  My wonderful family helped out so much, especially with the food, and I am so grateful to them.  Birthday parties are not really my favorite thing and less so when I'm pregnant.  I'd prefer a quiet dinner with family at home, but my boys love a wild rumpus with their friends.  Since I love them, I try to deliver a wild rumpus.  Ethan invited two friends from school, Max and Taidryn, his cousins, Lyla and Logan, and his friends from church, Parker, Rachel, and Brad.  (Note: Rachel and Brad are married without children and are very popular at our house.  Landon even includes Rae Rae in his prayers.  So cute.)  Taidryn and Parker also brought their siblings.  We had a total of 13 children here and it was so fun for them.  I am grateful that at five Ethan has some quality friends.  He was so cute playing with his friends and I love watching him interact with them.
Also, I must share that Ethan and Taidryn having a budding romance of sorts.  Ethan told me a few weeks ago that when he and Taidryn are big like me and Jared, they were going to get married and have a baby.  What?!  Taidryn told her mom that she wanted to be a ballerina for Halloween so that Ethan would think she was beautiful and kiss her.  Hilarious!  They are pretty happy to be friends with one another.

I have few photos because I was busy being in charge.  Here they are.
 Ethan requested a "Pin the Tail" game so Jared drew a T-Rex and we pinned his tail on him.  Fun times.  Here are Landon and Makenna (Parker's sister) playing the game.

 Happy Birthday to Ethan!  Aunt Stacey made our delicious cupcakes from scratch.  Seriously, I loved them!  She and I hid in the garage and ate one before the party.  They were ah-maz-ing!
Opening presents!  Ethan's friend were so generous.  He received a remote control car, some lego sets, a dinosaur that transforms into a car, and some new movies and video games.  Grandma even got me a present: a new toy box!  It is awesome and will help me organize these toys, the ones Grayson will receive at his party in two weeks, and the toys the boys will certainly receive at Christmas.  Overall, it was a super fun day.

No comments: