Thursday, April 27, 2017

12 Years!

I am blogging about our anniversary a little early this year! I just have been thinking about Jared a lot lately and how much I love him. It may sound crazy, but when you are LDS and all you've ever wanted your entire life is to be married and have a family and then you get married and THEN you go through a divorce and then a temple divorce, you pretty much feel like a BIG, FAT FAILURE!
I recently had the opportunity to talk to a friend about my divorce and how it all went down. It made me ever more grateful for prayer and the knowledge that my Heavenly Father is REALLY there and HE knew my path before I did. I am beyond grateful for Jared and the second chance he has given me to have the life of my dreams.

I wanted to share about our engagement. I haven't officially journaled this on my blog and seems like a great time since I found this picture!



In the fall of 2004, I knew the engagement was coming. I knew, because he had talked to my parents and they totally spilled the beans. Or maybe I pried it out of them...

I think Jared was taking it slowly for my sake. He knew what'd I'd been through, he knew it had only been a year and a half prior. He knew I was scared out of my mind.

We had been dating for about 7 months when he asked me. He took me to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, where we had had our first date. After dinner, we went to Epcot JUST TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS!!!!!!!! I was freaking out on the inside. Who takes someone to Epcot JUST TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS!!!!!!!! I seriously am not sure he would have gotten a yes if he had actually asked in such a public location.

Following the fireworks, we left and I started to think, "Okay, maybe this isn't happening. And if it doesn't, I WAS WAY OFF."

Instead of driving me home, he took me to a lake where we had had one of our earliest dates. It was a beautiful night, but all of a sudden, he stopped and looked pretty disconcerted. I asked what was wrong. He answered, "Where's the dock?" I looked and pointed to the middle of the lake, "I think it is floating there in the middle of the lake." (This was in 2004 when our area was hit by 4 hurricanes in a row.)

Completely flustered, he got down on one knee (this was all supposed to happen at the end of the dock, you see) and asked me to be his wife! Of course, I said YES!

12 years later, I would say YES all over again!

No comments: